meeting: thurs 2/21 at 7pm at Stacey's
photos The Bullfighter Checks Her Makeup: My Encounters with Extraordinary People
by Susan Orlean
Whole group photo. From left: Larisa, Lena, Rosalie, Lisa, Julieta, Stacey, Margo, Margarette in Stacey's home.
Reading group discussion questions:
- what was your favorite story/character? why?
- did the author use a formula for presenting her characters? what information did she consistently provide about each person? did she do it the same way for each character?
- was there anything she didn't cover about a person/persons that you would have liked to know about?
- was everyone treated the same? did she seem more interested in certain characters?
- do her vignettes work well as a book read in it's entirety from front to back? or would you prefer to read them upon occasion (bathroom reading)?
Dinner ThemeYour Current Favorite Dish
(American, Spanish, or African work well with the book theme but anything is fine)
Assorted Crudites with Dill Yogurt Dip (Lisa)
Cheese Plate with Fruits and Baguette (Larisa)
Curried Tuna Bites with Mustard Sauce (Margarette)
Sherried Parsnip Soup with Hazelnut Pesto (Lena)
Roasted Chicken with Pomegranate Gravy (Stacey)
Beef Enchiladas (Margo)
Butternut Squash with Cumin (Stacey)
Double Egg Tart (Julieta)
White Chocolate Sweet Potato Cake (Lena)
Infused Vodka -- Satsuma, Pear/Ginger, Ginger (Stacey)
Chianti and Sauvignon Blanc (Rosalie)